Join the FACE-IT Academy
The purpose of the FACE-IT Academy is to strengthen this community’s ability to respond to the human, physical and financial impacts of substance abuse and addiction. Members of the Academy will:
- evaluate community wide impacts of substance abuse;
- assist in developing stigma reduction activities;
- enhance intervention and treatment opportunities for those suffering from and affected by substance use disorders; and
- assume a community leadership role with policy and decision-makers to foster positive change.
Scope of Participation:
- Participants will complete a two day, 12 hour training program organized to enhance understanding of science-based perspectives of substance abuse and recovery.
- Participants develop a personal plan to promote community efforts to reduce stigma and enhance supports for substance abusers and their families.
- Academy members will participate in five additional days of trainings in the first year of the project to review progress, enhance understanding of community needs and issues and receive support and consultation to improve personal efforts.
- Participate in four training/technical assistance days in the second year of the project.
- This FACE-IT Academy class will cover 24 months.
- Attend all training sessions.
- Design and develop a project with an evaluation plan, and report your progress at the end of the academy)
- Participate in team meetings
To apply to participate, please fill out this form.